ABOUT THIS WEEKEND
Society is shaking. A massive spiritual war is raging behind public health policies, political philosophies, social norms, educational practices, and economic decisions. The outcome of this great battle will determine the destiny of Individuals, families, and nations. Will you be an overcomer or become a victim to hopelessness, anxiety, intimidation, escapism, or self-protection? It depends on whether you are in the emerging ekklesia.
Jesus used a secular Greek term in Matthew 16:18 to describe what He is building: I will build My EKKLESIA and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. The word ekklesia was used in ancient Greek and Roman culture to describe an assembly of citizens coming together to make decisions, elect officials, declare war, and set economic policy on behalf of their city. Jesus is building a heavenly ekklesia on earth— a people that legislate in the Spirit to establish the Kingdom of God and displace the powerbase of the enemy.
Through the Fall 2021 Cross Immersion, Jesus will release another measure of power and authority to raise Heaven’s ekklesia in metro Detroit and the state of Michigan. In two solid days you will be…
- grounded in truth through biblical teaching and preaching
- inspired through powerful and practical testimonies
- enveloped in prophetic encounters with Jesus’ death and resurrection
- filled with confidence in the invading Kingdom of God through awe-filled and joyful worship
- empowered through great impartations of the Holy Spirit
- sent into your family, school district, county, and state as more than a conqueror
FIRST TIME OR COMING AGAIN?
Never been to a Cross Immersion weekend? Know that it is not a seminar or a conference. It’s an experience, a baptism in Christ, and a gathering of His Body to encounter something fresh from heaven. Been before? Come again. Go deeper in the cross. Gather with the saints. Inherit more of the Kingdom.
REGISTRATION AND OTHER DETAILS
- Cross Immersion Day #1: Fri, October 15, 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Cross Immersion Day #2: Sat, October 16, 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Registration deadline: Friday, October 8
- To register online: CLICK HERE
- To register by mail: Make checks payable to "Metro Detroit Christian Church" and mail to Metro Detroit Christian Church, 6655 Middlebelt, West Bloomfield, MI 48322. Include name, email, phone, and address for each individual registrant included with your mail-in registration.
- Advanced registration only. Registrations are not available at the door or over the phone; also no partial registrations are available.
- Limited seating. Seating is limited 250 and registration will close when this number is reached. Register early!
- Children. Children ages 11 and above are welcome to register and participate in the Cross Immersion, if their parents discern that they have the attention capacity for this intensive two-day event.
- Child care. There will be child care available at this weekend for children ages 6 months-10 years old. For more info and to register your children: CLICK HERE
- Need more information? Please call 248-562-7998 or email email@example.com.
- $24.00 per individual -- fee covers registration and a new Cross Immersion Study Book
- A love offering will be received to cover additional costs
- The Cross Immersion breaks for lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday
- An order of lunches is available for an additional $15. Place your order in the online registration form.
- Fri lunch: Jimmy John's sandwich, salad, chips, & dessert.
- Sat lunch: Chicken schwarma sandwich, salad & dessert.
- You can also bring your own lunches and dinners or make plans to eat at local restaurants. The church kitchen, refrigerators, and microwaves will not be accessible. Please store your home-brought meals in coolers or warm-packs in your car.
- We will have a big tent available for lunch seating during this Cross Immersion. The church grounds and the deck will also be available for picnic-style eating.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We will not be social distancing at The Cross Immersion and are not requiring that people wear masks. By attending The Cross Immersion you are assuming full responsibility for your own health in light of this potential risk factor. We are trusting you to use your own judgment in exercising the following precautions:
- Wearing masks. Masks will be available just inside the main door, if you would prefer to wear one.
- Cleaning hands. Practice regular hand washing. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building for your use.
- Non-contact greeting. Please make other members aware of your preferred method of greeting.
STAY HOME if you are exhibiting any symptoms of sickness (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, and loss of taste or smell), or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID in the past 14 days.
CROSS IMMERSION HOSTS
Peter and Lisa Dresser are the senior pastors of Metro Detroit Christian Church in West Bloomfield, MI. They also direct One Spirit Ministries, an equipping and publication ministry focussed on the believer's place in Christ and the church's apostolic and prophetic foundation. They connect closely with many leaders in metro Detroit and statewide who connect to facilitate regional Kingdom transformation. They are also part of the International Strategic Alliance of Apostolic Churches (ISAAC). Working with Peter & Lisa on the Cross Immersion weekend is an amazing team of pastoral leaders and saints that are growing together into the fullness of the stature of Christ.