Dear MDCC Family —
June is a special month. The Lord is speaking from Hosea 10:12 and saying “It is time to seek the Lord.”
Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap in mercy, break up your fallow ground,
for it is time to seek the Lord,
till He comes and rains righteousness on you.
One of the ways we seek the Lord is to break up our fallow ground. Fallow ground is land that could be productive, but has not been broken up, tilled, plowed, and prepared for planting. Stumps must be removed, hardness must be broken up, large rocks must be dislodged, and thorns must be gathered and burned. Ask the Holy Spirit: “What specifically are you calling me to do to break up fallow ground in my heart and prepare for rain?” Do what the Spirit tells you. This will position you for an outpouring of the Word and the Spirit.
Diligent seeking is part of the way we approach God and what God rewards (Hebrews 11:6). Diligent seeking opens up the heavenly realities that are ours as ones who have died and been raised up with Christ (Colossians 3:1-3). Diligent seeking turns us from the pursuit of resources to a lifestyle of sending in the Kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33). Seeking the Lord is never in vain, but always results in an outpouring of the Spirit (Luke 11:9-13). As we seek, He will come and rain righteousness upon us!
So over the next 30 days, find it in your heart and set plans to seek the Lord in special times and in special ways.As part of this special month of seeking the Lord, the Spirit is calling us to take days of fasting and prayer between June 11-21. During this time, Pastor Lisa and I will be in Malaysia receiving from Dr. Jonathan David during the Global Leaders Summit (GLS) and the days of Intensive Training for ISAAC Pastors (ITIP). During ITIP (June 18-21), Dr. David will publicly pray over us and ordain us for apostolic ministry.
The impartation that will be released into our lives will change your lives as well. By prayer and fasting, you can enter into what God is giving and participate in our ordination. Fast from food for a day (or other amount of time that the Spirit reveals to you) and ask for:
- The sending of the Spirit in fulfillment of John 16:7-11. The Spirit is going to release a greater conviction of sin in our lives, friends, family and coworkers. He will intensify connection with Jesus and capacity to draw righteousness from Jesus. The Spirit will activate the sentence of judgment on Satan — exposing demons and evicting them from the boundaries of our lives and spheres of authority.
- The restoration of the office of the apostle from Heaven. True apostleship from Christ releases the God-kind of power and formation that builds a holy, integrous, and glorious church — a people grounded and growing in their identity in Christ. This is part of God’s move to bring about a new heavens and a new earth and make everything right. We must have this true apostolic authority from heaven to progress effectively this decade.
You are a special people and we love you with all our hearts.
Pastor Pete & Pastor Lisa
Friends, Romans, countrymen; lend me your ears! If adaptations of two of the Bard's greatest works performed by blossoming young readers sounds like a splendid night out for you and your family, then this is the show for you! Christ the King's Readers Theatre classes will perform Julius Ceasar and Romeo and Juliet on Friday, June 22 at 7:00pm. The CTK choir will also perform a few show tunes. Bring your whole family and enjoy the hour traffic of our stage!
You’ll experience Jesus as He is revealed in the book of Hebrews in a fresh and powerful way in this unique concert of original music performed by Psallos. Psallos is a team of Christian artists, musicians, and students of Scripture led by composer Cody Curtis (Doctor of Musical Arts) in partnership with Union University. Psallos exists to provide the Church with intentional, artistic songs of worship that build up the Body and are consistent with God's word and rich in sound doctrine. At the core of its mission is the proclamation of Scripture and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
For more information about Psallos, click here.
At work in Psallos’ Hebrews album is a call to listen to what the Lord is speaking and see how great a new life we have been given through Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Through musical themes, the core messages of Hebrews are conveyed: a new covenant, a new priesthood, and a new offering. It is no longer the blood of bulls and goats that save us but the blood of Jesus Christ. Plan to prioritize this special event and come expecting to meet Jesus in a fresh and powerful way.
Attire is business casual. Refreshments served after the performance.
Tickets are $10 per person. No reserved seating available. Be sure to get your tickets for this limited capacity concert! To get your tickets to Psallos, click here.
Want to know more about creation and what science has to say about it? Want to hear the word of the Lord in Genesis chapter 1? Want to have a ton of fun with hands-on experiments and rowdy games? Then this year's CTK Science Camp "Creation Exploration" is for you!
This week-long camp will focus on science that supports creation. Campers will hear the word of the Lord in chapel each morning, learn about science through exciting experiments, and end their morning playing some high-energy games!
Open to ages 4-11. Register here!
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, All sheep and oxen— Even the beasts of the field, The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. (Psalm 8:3-8)
Crowned with Glory is MDCC’s annual stature-building and offering campaign that expands us in the Spirit and in the natural. Through Crowned with Glory 2018, we will:
BE SONS OF GOD BY:
MAKE DISCIPLES BY:
- taking the cross of Christ to ourselves for the destruction of self-centered living and experiencing His resurrection power for righteous living aligned with the Kingdom of God
- receiving the Spirit of the Son into our hearts and knowing the Father
- overcoming sin, putting off the old man, and living with a pure heart
- worshipping the Father in Spirit and truth
- loving one another
- destroying the works of the devil through words and the power of the Holy Spirit
- sharing the gospel to transform lives, homes, regions, and nations
- building up the body in the region
- sharing the gospel in our spheres of influence
- helping new believers conform to Christ through small groups that bring them into 1) prophetic encounter with the cross; 2) revelation of the Body; 3) living by the Word of God
- maturing every person in Christ through cross immersion groups
- equipping new leaders and establishing new cross immersion groups
- strengthening our pastoral overseers
- moving in apostolic authority
REFORM THE WAY AMERICANS EDUCATE THEIR CHILDREN BY:
EXPAND OUR PARKING LOT TO:
- strengthening God’s educational pattern in Family School of the Bible and Supernatural Experience, Encounter Youth, and Christ the King Classical School
- exploring other initiatives in Kingdom education
PAY OFF OUR CONSTRUCTION LINE OF CREDIT2017 ACCOMPLISHMENTSThrough Crowned the Glory 2017, the:
- increase our occupancy permit to 349
2018 FINANCIAL GOALSThrough Crowned the Glory 2018 offerings and church savings, we will raise $250,000 to:
- Sanctuary was expanded by knocking down the wall between the old sanctuary and the gallery
- New sound booth was constructed
- New restrooms on the east wing were built
- AV system was upgraded
- Fire suppression and alarm system was installed throughout the building
- Old roof on east wing was torn off and replaced with a new roof
- East wing was re-carpeted
- Pay off half our line of credit
- Expand our parking lot so we can increase our occupancy permit to 349 people
- Drop your card in the offering basket on a Sunday in February
- Mail your card to MDCC, 6655 Middlebelt, West Bloomfield, MI 48322
A Prophetic Gathering of the Church
God has prepared great things in 2018 for those who love Him — and He is revealing them ahead of time! To enter into these works of God, the believer must use their ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 2:29)
Take heed what you hear….To you who hear, more will be given. (Mark 4:24)
On December 31st we gathered for a prophetic time as the church in this region and Christ released the Spirit of revelation to tell us concerning things to come and activated our hearts to believe and receive. Peter & Lisa Dresser and Bob & Linda King — apostolic overseers at Metro Detroit Christian Church and Harvest Christian Church — brought heaven’s perspective about the New Year.
CLICK HERE to watch the New Year's Eve service and hear what the Spirit is saying for 2018.