Harvest Christian Church will be partnering with KaBOOM! and Forester's Financial in September to build a 2,500 square foot playground at Grand River and 7 Mile just up the street from their church! We have the opportunity to support them on their Prep and Build days.
When are the work days and times?
Thursday, September 13 will be the Prep Day for folks with a degree of engineering and mechanical know-how who wish to help out. This group will work from 8:30am-5:00pm and be equipped to lead teams on Saturday. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Saturday, September 15 is the big Build Day. Harvest needs 150 volunteers from 6:30am-2:30pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served. T-shirts will be handed out and worn the day of. No special skills necessary; all are welcome to participate!
Can teens help?
Yes, but read on because there are some restrictions. On the construction site itself (meaning the actual playground footprint), nobody under 18 will be allowed to work. That includes the cement mixing area as well since they will be transporting it back and forth. However, anyone ages 14-17 who wants to work on Build Day can work in the following locations: (1) Site enhancement projects. We will have multiple side projects going that day as well including benches, possibly sidewalk painting, a gag pit, etc. (2) Family Fun Zone – this will be the area dedicated to any children coming along with their parents. We want to have a large number of people back there keeping a close eye on the kids and making sure they are having a great time! (3) Food service, etc. Since we are serving both breakfast and lunch, we will have many people there helping with the food team.
Family Fun Zone
There will be a Family Fun Zone with rides and events sponsored by KaBOOM! during the build day. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the kids. However, please note that KaBOOM! and HCC are not equipped to take care of infants or kids still in diapers. If you want to come and your child or grandchild needed this type of care and supervision, you are welcome to bring or to be a “sitter” who could take care of the child in the Family Fun Zone. We will not provide that service.
To register click HERE. Registration closes September 2.
For further information, peruse the event flier HERE.
MDCC has purchased tables in support of our friends at the Student Statesmanship Institute annual banquet. SSI's LEAD program, annually attending by MDCC's youth, is a Kingdom-oriented training ground for young men and women to be equipped in a Biblical worldview while also being equipped as leaders in society. This banquet, taking place at Burton Manor in Livonia, is $85 to attend. The keynote speaker is John Stonestreet. He is the President of the Colson Center for Christian Worldview, and is a speaker, writer, cultural commentator, and collaborator of worldview initiatives, along with being the co-host with Eric Metaxas of Breakpoint Radio, the Christian worldview radio program founded by the late Chuck Colson. Please speak with Pastor Ryan or Darcie Rees this week to register and attend. Limited seats available. First come, first served.
Across the United States, September 27-29, God's people are gathering together in tents to worship, pray, and proclaim the Name and Kingdom of Jesus – at all 50 state capitals and on many college and university campuses. MDCC has the privilege of leading a time of worship, prophetic prayer and the preaching of the gospel at Michigan's state capital, Lansing, MI, on Friday, September 28, 8-10 p.m. Pastor Grande and a worship team, along with Pastors Pete and Lisa will be attending and giving leadership to this two-hour time. Please speak with or email Pastor Pete if you are planning to attend this historic time.
Transformed lives in the age of righteousnessThe cross of Jesus accomplished way more than we have currently known. Through death, Christ condemned the power of sin in the human body and destroyed the devil. Through His resurrection and ascension, Christ cleansed the heavens, opened the gates of righteousness, and poured out the power of the Kingdom of God. Christ's reign of righteousness on earth is here and increasing! This almost-too-good-to-be-true gospel is transforming anyone who will believe.
At the Fall 2018 Cross Immersion, we will press the envelope to obtain more of the power of this great gospel. Through two days of worship, biblical teaching, testimonies, and prophetic impartation, you will be empowered to...
- See God's Lamb
- Know by experience what Jesus did on the cross
- Handle the very righteousness of God
- Receive the unfathomable power of the Holy Spirit
Experience great joy and express it to God in glorious worship
- Enter and believe in God's unseen, unstoppable Kingdom
- Cross Immersion Day #1: Friday, October 12, 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Cross Immersion Day #2: Saturday, October 13,10:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Lunch provided on Friday and Saturday; the event breaks for dinner
- For info call 248-562-7998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register online: CLICK HERE!
- Registration deadline: Friday, October 5
A Prophetic Gathering of the Church
God has prepared great things in 2018 for those who love Him — and He is revealing them ahead of time! To enter into these works of God, the believer must use their ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 2:29)
Take heed what you hear….To you who hear, more will be given. (Mark 4:24)
On December 31st we gathered for a prophetic time as the church in this region and Christ released the Spirit of revelation to tell us concerning things to come and activated our hearts to believe and receive. Peter & Lisa Dresser and Bob & Linda King — apostolic overseers at Metro Detroit Christian Church and Harvest Christian Church — brought heaven’s perspective about the New Year.
CLICK HERE to watch the New Year's Eve service and hear what the Spirit is saying for 2018.
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, All sheep and oxen— Even the beasts of the field, The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. (Psalm 8:3-8)
Crowned with Glory is MDCC’s annual stature-building and offering campaign that expands us in the Spirit and in the natural. Through Crowned with Glory 2018, we will:
BE SONS OF GOD BY:
MAKE DISCIPLES BY:
- taking the cross of Christ to ourselves for the destruction of self-centered living and experiencing His resurrection power for righteous living aligned with the Kingdom of God
- receiving the Spirit of the Son into our hearts and knowing the Father
- overcoming sin, putting off the old man, and living with a pure heart
- worshipping the Father in Spirit and truth
- loving one another
- destroying the works of the devil through words and the power of the Holy Spirit
- sharing the gospel to transform lives, homes, regions, and nations
- building up the body in the region
- sharing the gospel in our spheres of influence
- helping new believers conform to Christ through small groups that bring them into 1) prophetic encounter with the cross; 2) revelation of the Body; 3) living by the Word of God
- maturing every person in Christ through cross immersion groups
- equipping new leaders and establishing new cross immersion groups
- strengthening our pastoral overseers
- moving in apostolic authority
REFORM THE WAY AMERICANS EDUCATE THEIR CHILDREN BY:
EXPAND OUR PARKING LOT TO:
- strengthening God’s educational pattern in Family School of the Bible and Supernatural Experience, Encounter Youth, and Christ the King Classical School
- exploring other initiatives in Kingdom education
PAY OFF OUR CONSTRUCTION LINE OF CREDIT2017 ACCOMPLISHMENTSThrough Crowned the Glory 2017, the:
- increase our occupancy permit to 349
2018 FINANCIAL GOALSThrough Crowned the Glory 2018 offerings and church savings, we will raise $250,000 to:
- Sanctuary was expanded by knocking down the wall between the old sanctuary and the gallery
- New sound booth was constructed
- New restrooms on the east wing were built
- AV system was upgraded
- Fire suppression and alarm system was installed throughout the building
- Old roof on east wing was torn off and replaced with a new roof
- East wing was re-carpeted
- Pay off half our line of credit
- Expand our parking lot so we can increase our occupancy permit to 349 people
- Drop your card in the offering basket on a Sunday in February
- Mail your card to MDCC, 6655 Middlebelt, West Bloomfield, MI 48322